Saturday, March 3, 2012

Entry 3

Maus/Nathan
     The book I read for this entry was Maus.  From the point that we started this project and the present, I have finished the book.  I cannot make a real prediction about it now, but I did predict something in the book as I was reading it.  I predicted that as the father was telling the story he would die, making the main character have to research into his father's past in order to learn what happens next.  I assumed this because the father is old and I thought it would be interesting how the son would figure it all out by himself, but that would be a completely different story.

The Highest Tide/Matthew
       Throughout his whole life, Miles O'Malley just wanted to be normal. He was always insulted about his height and his passion for marine biology. After discovering a giant squid in Puget Sound and having the media and scientific community bothering him, his life just became worse. So, halfway through the book, I made a prediction that Miles would discover more unusual creatures, but have someone else figure out the cause of them going into Puget Sound. Professor Kramer is the only other important person in the story other than Miles to have information about the shores of Puget Sound. In the book, Miles mentions him many times during the discovery of the giant squid, but never has him do something important to it. I predict that Professor Kramer will figure out what is wrong and have the media focus on him rather than Miles at the end. I also think that everyone will find out about Miles' real feelings. His parents will probably stay together for him and Angie will probably be closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment